If you are part of the support staff of a softball team or simply a family member of a player, you might be assigned to order pins to be distributed and used during the game. Here is a quick guide to help you ace the process and avoid the most common mistakes in ordering softball trading pins.
1. Order at least two months in advance. The most common mistake among first-time consumers is ordering on the month of the league when pin makers already have tons of orders on their hands. This often results in delayed deliveries; some pins even get delivered months after the league. Also, just like any commodity, pins’ prices are subject to change depending on supply and demand. Ordering at least two months in advance would allow you to get the regular, if not the discounted, prices. However, if you order during the busy times of the year, which are during tournaments, then prices tend to be higher.
2. Softball trading pins with unique and professionally made designs will surely win your team’s and their fans’ hearts. However, when designing a pin, intricacy is only applicable on the images and logos, but not on texts. Go for easy-to-read fonts. When picking a pin maker, make sure to check their gallery to see what their designers are capable of making, especially if they offer free design services. You don’t want to save on design-making only to regret when the design you want is not achieved.
3. If for some reason you can’t place the order until the month of the league and you expect to use your pins during the tournament, go for pre-made softball trading pins. These are pins of the teams who will play in an upcoming major league. They are designed by the pin makers themselves and were created months before the peak season to serve as stock. These pins may not be unique, but at least you are sure that they will be delivered on or before the big day.
4. If ordering in bulk, always make sure that you are not being quoted per piece. Almost all pin makers have price brackets according to quantity ordered. Check this information. Compare prices with other pin makers. However, price should not be the only factor in choosing your supplier. Always consider the quality. Read reviews and ask for recommendations from people who have experienced ordering softball trading pins in bulk.
5. Especially if you are ordering from a pin maker based in a different country or state, always check their usual shipping method and delivery time. There are makers who offers free shipping, but these are mostly standard shipping, which often takes 7 to as long as 25 days. If you need your softball trading pins as soon as possible, check if they have an option for expedited shipping. As expected, it costs more than the regular shipping method, but it only takes 1 to 7 days.
Wearing pins of your favorite teams during leagues and tournaments does not only effectively show support but can also be a great conversation starter. A playoffis a perfect place to meet new friends, and there’s no better way to start the conversation but to talk about the team one is cheering on.
As predicted, there is no way wearing pins will become obsolete, but instead it will become more increasingly popular not just on sports events but also in gatherings and reunions. Pins can be highly customized to fit the theme of an event. Wearing it is the most cost-effective way of showing your support and promoting the organization or team.